Tuesday 13 December 2016

Tea & Possibilities Episode 10: Handfuls of Sock Yarn



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry.

Today's tea is Great British Cuppa from The Bluebird Tea Co.

This tea was included in my Secret Santa gift from our annual Mini Christmas with friends. Also included was a skein of Wendy Fleur DK and Knit Socks! by Betsy Lee McCarthy.

The blog is on hiatus for December, ready to hit the ground running January. However, I have been nominated for the UK Blog Awards and if you would like to, you can vote for me here.

Just a note - this will be my last episode before Christmas as we are driving to Cornwall next weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for a Christmas in Cornwall and London vlog though!


WIP'D UP!

Three FOs guys!!

Three of this year's Christmas Stockings are done! They will be stuffed with oranges and chocolate coins and some festive votives from Yankee Candle (Snow In Love, Christmas Memories and Festive Cocktail)

Of the two left, I have one initial almost finished, so should get them done this week!

Katie of Inside Number 23 has been making me really really want to knit socks. The Norah George Toffee Apple colourway is to die for. I'm also in love with patterns like the Mercury Socks and Pixel Rise.

My Opal Sock Yarn Advent Calendar is getting a lot of love from me, as is my Paintbox Yarns Advent Calendar.

Final WIP is soap making! Rich and I are creating hampers for family this year and we're including some handmade soap. We're following a recipe from Neal's Yard Remedies.


GOAL POWER

My Christmas planner arrived! I'll be planning now for a great Christmas next year - the best way to remember how much things cost (food, petrol, etc) and what I want to do more of.

I have a chat about my goals for the year ahead... Including #TandPWardrobeProject. I'll do a full video in the New Year about how I'm setting up my Wardrobe Project journal, but I'll definitely be using Collette's Wardrobe Architect.


KNIT & NATTER

Big news! I'm moving back to London! This week will be my last week in my current job before moving back to London to start a new job in January.

There's lots to come in the New Year that I would love you all to get involved with.

First up is a hashtag project - use the hashtag #teaandpossibilities to share what you're working on and what's fuelling you.

Then there's my first KAL! A pretty ambitious one, #BestYearEverKAL kicks off on 1st January. Knit four things that bring you joy in 2017 and you could win a prize at the end of the year (you don't have to finish!). The second part of the KAL is a penpal element! You don't have to get involved in this bit in order to qualify for a prize, but it would be great to pair people up so you have a penpal throughout the year (and beyond?) and guarantee yourself some happy post in 2017.

You can find out more about the KALs and hashtags in the brand new Tea and Possibilities Ravelry Group! Because it's a crazy time of year, the information will be up by the end of the week - please bear with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment