Sunday 29 January 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 14: One Project Wendy




INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today's tea is Williamson's Purple Blush. No lemon or milk this week - still delish!

There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group. I bought Chocolate Orange from Birdhouse Tea Co. from their Noel range. (There's still some in stock!)

Just to let you know - there won't be a podcast next week as I won't be seeing Rich and therefore won't get to use the camera! :(


WIP'D UP!

Yarn wise, I'm still being pretty monogamous so I can get this blanket done in plenty of time...

(Little) Girl Gang Baby Blanket
Pattern: Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch). Part One and Part Two are finished and I'm about to embark on Part Three. You can find all the parts of the pattern linked on my Ravelry project page.
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

I'm getting a wee bit bored of being a one project Wendy, so Rich brought my Sincerely Louise Triceratops kit to London when he visited and I'm looking forward to casting that on soon!

As you know from last week's episode, I'm going to Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March! This year's festival companion, Wool Tribe, arrived this week. I'll do a full review in the next episode, but I was too excited not to share in the meantime!



KNIT & NATTER

Just a little update on self-care this week. I've alluded to the fact we're in a bit of a state of flux at the moment - I'm in London and Rich is in Portsmouth. I've ended up feeling pretty overwhelmed by the last week - I joined a gym and had a looooong to-do list.

So I took a step back and tried to remember Gretchen Rubin's advice (I can't remember if it was in The Happiness Project or Better Than Before) - treat yourself like a toddler. Make sure you are well fed, well rested and comfortable. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a toddler - it really does help!

Have a great week and I'll see you next week for another cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment