Sunday 19 February 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 16: High on Vitamin D


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today's tea is Snore & Peace from Clipper. Probably not ideal as it was lunchtime, but it is yummy!

There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

Back in Southsea this weekend, for the last time for a couple of weeks. I like to keep you on your toes!


WIP'D UP!

Dinah - Triceratops Trophy head
Pattern: Triceratops Trophy Head by Sincerely Louise
Yarn: Cygnet Seriously Chunky

(Little) Girl Gang Baby Blanket
Pattern: Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch).
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

Part OnePart TwoPart ThreePart FourPart Five and Part Six are all finished!

I've weaved in a few ends, but the drips and drabs approach isn't really working out for me - I need to carve out a few big chunks of time and just get it done so they can be blocked ready to be sewn together.

Cornish Lilli Pilli
Pattern: Lilli Pilli by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: Custom seaside colourways by Stranded Dyeworks

Cast on again and loving it! Hoping this time, after a break, it will go really well. Wish me luck!

All massive contenders for the #BestYearEverKAL shortlist!

Just revisiting the Gingerbread Jumper by Libby Jonson of Truly Myrtle, which I will knitting in The Yarn Collective Bloomsbury DK in Copper. In a recent episode, she mentioned she explored fit in her most recent mini mag, which you can find archived on her website - Knitting a Great Fit.

I totally recommend that you sign up to her mini mag!

Tempted by the Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry after Katie of Inside Number 23 mentioned there was lots of garter stitch.

I reviewed the latest (issue 20!) of the latest Pom Pom Quarterly. Top picks are... well, basically everything so have a look at them all here - issue 20 patterns!

I was delighted to see Elena's illustration in Pom Pom - you can find her on Instagram and Etsy.


KNIT & NATTER

I'll be turning 30 in less than two weeks! Eek! I'm not so bothered by the 30 bit, but I am excited to get presents (who doesn't love presents?!)

Here are some things that I would love to receive - and will be buying for myself if I don't receive them, ha!

Tracy of Norah George just kills it with her colourways, but I have yet to own any! I am in love with Those People in Cloaks, but also think The Black Lake, Room of Requirement, Buckbeak, They've Been Petrified! are beautiful too!

This knitting ring from Songs of Ink and Steel is gorgeous. And I love browsing Sucre Sucre Miniatures.

I'd love some sock knitting patience (can anyone arrange that for me please?) and tickets to Pomfest this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment