Monday 6 March 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 18: Sock Knitter?!



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today's tea is Earl Grey - thanks, Mum! There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.


Bit of a surprise episode this week, as I did say that I wouldn't be podcasting this week. But Rich ended up leaving his camera with me so I was able to. This does mean that I may not get the February Best Year Ever KAL video out as quickly as I hoped, due to using my editing time on the podcast this week.


The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. 


You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! There was a penpal element introduced and if you missed that when I opened it at the end of last year, please keep an eye on the podcast and on Instagram and the group, as I will be opening penpals again at the end of March.


While we’re on the subject of happy post… the lovely Lintera on Ravelry suggested we arrange an Easter swap. As I am snowed under this month with birthdays and moving, Lintera has offered to organise this. You can find out more details in the thread Want Some Happy Post?

If you’re interested in swapping some minis, some chocolate and other little treats for Easter this year – please send your name and address to Lintera and let her know if you’re happy to ship internationally.




WIP'D UP!

(Little) Girl Gang Baby Blanket

Pattern: Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch). 
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

Blocking at long last! This will now go into an Edinburgh Yarn Festival induced hiatus and I'll crack on with putting it together (at last!) when I get back :)


Cornish Lilli Pilli

Pattern: Lilli Pilli by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: Custom seaside colourways by Stranded Dyeworks

Added a couple more stripes to the garter section, not loads, but a little! I've also added some stitch markers either end so I don't forget the increases and decreases - but I'm still counting every couple of stripes as I'm paranoid! I don't want to repeat the Great Miscount of 2016!


I've also made a start on a pair of socks - I'm working on Hiya Hiyas, but find the cable quite tangly, so if you have a recommendation for a better needle for magic loop, let me know! I'm using Louise Harding Amitola and working cuff down. Hoping to try toe up when I've got this nailed down :)


I'm tackling socks again as I bought this Socks in a Box set by Kate Selene which I'm hoping to make into Mercury Socks.


My Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry has leapt forward and has now landed in Harry Potter territory... I'm planning to buy some yarns inspired by Slughorn's first Potions class and we're having an informal knitalong at work. It's not an official knitalong so no rules and no deadlines, but if you'd like to get involved, we're planning to use the hashtag #HarryPotterShawlAlong.



KNIT & NATTER

I was spoilt rotten with a new light to use on the podcast, a Daniel Wellington watch, a new gym bag and some Charlotte Tilbury make-up. I also treated myself to a treatment at the Lush Spa - indulging in The Spell.


You should definitely check out the Lush Spa if you'd like to treat yourself (for any reason!), I had a fab time.


I left with an Avobath bath bomb, Dream Time temple balm, a Baa-Bar bubble bar and a bottle of Vanillary perfume.


I'll see you on the other side of EYF for another cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment