Sunday 26 March 2017

Tea & Possibilties Episode 19: The Edinburgh Edition



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

No tea in this episode - I filmed this in our Air BnB and we were pretty much out of everything at this point. There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

I filmed this on Sunday 12th March, after Edinburgh Yarn Festival. In this episode, I did say that there wouldn't be an episode 'next week or the week after' - I was expecting to get this up much earlier so I'm actually referring to the weekends of the 18th/19th and 25th/26th. I'll be filming a new podcast on 1st April and it will be up early that following week.


WIP'D UP!

I've been working on my socks, out of Louise Harding Amitola - I almost have the leg finished! How excited am I?!

While I was away I also worked on my...

Cornish Lilli Pilli
Pattern: Lilli Pilli by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: Custom seaside colourways by Stranded Dyeworks

I got a good chunk of the garter section done on this and am really looking forward to the lace section! Just can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful blue.

It was a busy week, so not a lot of knitting, but my goodness there is yarn...

KNIT & NATTER

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, settled into our flat and then popped out for ingredients for a yummy meal which we had while watching Denial (great film - really recommend!)

On Thursday, it was a beautiful day, so we decided to explore the city. We visited Pekoe Tea, The Scotch Whisky Experience and The Scottish Weaving Experience. I treated myself to some great new green teas - Kukicha and White Monkey.

Friday was EYF day!! I was on a quest to find my fade (Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry) , which, as I mentioned in the previous podcast, had taken a decidedly Potter turn... #HarryPotterShawlAlong!

I kicked off my spending spree with a 'May The Yarn Be With You' bag from The Knitting Goddess. I was sad to see she'd run out of her super bright mini skein sets, but her yarn is so lovely I'll definitely be getting a set to add to my Cosy Memories Blanket!

And then I bought my Potter yarns!:

Hogwarts: Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino/Nylon/Sparkle 4-ply in 'Bluebells'
Hufflepuff: Fyberspates Sport Superwash Scrumptious in 'Gold'
Slytherin: Travel Knitter BFL Supersock in 'Jazz Age'
Ravenclaw - Martin's Lab Tweed Merino in 'Admiral'
Gryffindor - Ripples Craft 4-ply Suilven in 'Ripe Rowan Berry'

My final purchase was a beautiful stitch marker locket from La Bien Aimee in the yellow enamel finish. It's so beautiful and would make a great gift!

I then headed to the Podcaster Lounge - I wasn't intending to go, but I'm so glad I did.

There I met Helen of Curious Handmade, Clare from Beautiful Things and Katie of Inside Number 23. I oggled a beautiful gradient skein that a lovely viewer showed me from Bilum (and was sorely tempted to dash back and get myself one!).

Clare also gave me a birthday gift - a little sewn booklet full of tea, with a tiny teapot progress keeper. So sweet and lovely - thank you so much, Clare! 

Final squishes before we left went to Daughter of a Shepherd, Triskelion Yarns and Pom Pom Quarterly.

As you know, I didn't manage to get tickets to the calidh, so Rich and I headed out for a meal at The Dogs Restaurant (quirky and delicious!) and tried to get into Heads & Tales, but it was packed so we tried Gin 71 instead (can heartily recommend if you like gin!)

On Saturday, we decided to head out of town and up Arthur's Seat, which was hot work but so worth it for those views. Edinburgh is such a beautiful city :)

I mentioned that we were planning to go to the Royal Botanic Gardens when I was finished filming and indeed we did. It was free to get in, except for the glasshouses which was really reasonably priced. I love botanical gardens and glasshouses and this is a good one!

Phew! I don't know about you, but I'm gasping for a cuppa after all that! I'll see you very soon for another cup of tea, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment