Wednesday 19 April 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 21: FO-Saurus



INTRODUCTION


You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!


The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize!


Today's tea is Lemon Verbena from Tregothnan. There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

Apologies for the lack of podcast last week - a combination of migraine and hayfever really scuppered my week and then there was the glorious sunshine to be enjoyed!

WIP'D UP!

Kicking off the second episode in a row with a FO!


All deranged asides courtesy of Jurassic Park.

I wanted to share some proper shots of this too..

Pattern: Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch). Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, Part Five and Part Six are all finished!
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

I am using the leftovers of that to make...

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers

Having a mental block with...

Yarn: Various. First colour is Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino/Nylon/Sparkle 4-ply in 'Bluebells'

Ravelry Page: here
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in the Purple Heathers colourway

I've been tidying my Ravelry page over the last couple of weeks. My Queue now reflects what I really want to knit, what will fit in my dream wardrobe and the order I want to knit them in. I'm currently working on filling in my Stash as I have time to sit down and pull it out.

It's not available on Ravelry (!!), but I really do love the Oversized Cardigan by Frank & Olive and would love to make that this year.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Reddit Yarn Exchange parcel (my partner has yet to receive hers). In the interim, my partner sweetly gifted me the Dryad Hat pattern by Anne Podlesak.

A massive thank you to Lintera for organising the Easter Yarn Exchange - and for sending me some luscious goodies! You can find a thread here to share what you received in the exchange :)


GOAL POWER

I have given up trying to make my Bullet Journal pretty - I just don't want to spend the time on it. I am also getting really frustrated at having to draw out the month every month, which means I almost never have the month ready when I need it.

An interim measure is a fold out yearly calendar from Filofax.

I think I might want to switch back to Filofax, so I can have a diary plus a bullet journal. However, having seen CC's recent vlog about her Traveller's Notebook method, I'm leaning more towards this... What do you think? We can talk planning on the Goal Power thread.


KNIT & NATTER

This Easter weekend was such a lovely chilled four day weekend, including a trip to Wheathampstead in Hertfordshire. We ate in The Swan (warning: HUGE portions) and went for a lovely long walk. We saw so many animals - lively lambs, sweet Shetland ponies and a curious horse that we spent ages stroking and cooing over.

Sunday we had a great lamb roast with friends and watched Aladdin (classic) and Moana (SO. GOOD).

I'll be booking Rich's birthday day out soon too (secrets - in case he watches) but it will be shared on the podcast in a few weeks. It's going to be so hard to keep it quiet!

Next Saturday I'm going to a writing workshop with Laura Jane Williams and then straight onto my friend's baby shower. It will be a very busy day, but I will be podcasting on Sunday, it just might go up a little later.

Have a great week and I'll see you soon for a cup of tea and a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment