Wednesday 26 April 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 22: Have Your Cake & Eat It Too



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is Yorkshire Gold. There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

Today's podcast is being filmed on a Sunday again as I was out all day Saturday. A social life really gets in the way of filming!


WIP'D UP!

This week has been crazy busy, with lots of unexpected things popping up. So I only worked on two projects.

I did deliver the Crochet Girl Gang blanket to the baby shower yesterday and my friend really loved it. My Nan included a pushchair blanket and a little cardigan too, which all went down really well.

Shanghai Stripes Blanket
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers

I have renamed my Hortencia cardigan....

Librarian Cardigan
Pattern: Hortencia by Andi Satterlund
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in the Purple Heathers colourway

I finally received my beautiful Reddit Yarn Exchange gift - 100% Shawnee Silk from Firesong Studios.


GOAL POWER

After last week's chat about moving on from my Bullet Journal, I had a bit of a wobble when I went to Boho Berry for inspiration. Her Bullet Journal is so stunning and so functional, I thought maybe I just needed to kickstart mine.

But - I just don't have the time to commit to setting up monthly spreads and making it pretty. So I went to Kikki K and bought myself a new planner. This is not fully set up, but the first two sections are:

Calendar - for birthdays, events, reminders. No more double booking myself because I hadn't had time to draw out the upcoming month!

Bullet Journal - it's not graph paper, but I'm not going to waste this. I'm starting with yearly goals at the front, then every month I'll pin down three goals for that month.

Then I'm going back to my regular format of weekly list and a daily list drawn from that.

I will be adding a future log in this last section, where I'll be doing my financial planning - savings targets and deadlines, things like that. As well as plans for our flat, things we need to do, make or get before we move in (August!)

There is now a Goal Power thread in the group, if you'd like to join in and share ideas and inspiration.


KNIT & NATTER

This week has been crazy busy so I'm feeling a bit frayed. I was out all day yesterday at a writer's workshop and then straight on to the baby shower and I have to head out again today.

I'm really hoping that my new planner system will allow me to see these busy times coming up and plan accordingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment