Monday 1 May 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 23: Puff Pride



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is White Monkey from Pekoe Tea, which I bought when I was in Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

As it's Bank Holiday, I decided to spend all day Saturday knitting and filmed on the Sunday again (this is becoming a habit!)

Struggling a little bit this week as my old tendonopathy in my shoulder has flared up and it needed easing back into place. The muscles are still pretty sore, but I feel much better and am now looking forward to getting some more knitting done now I'm feeling better!


WIP'D UP!

I've only managed to work on one project this week - but have made lots of progress on...

The Librarian Cardigan
Pattern: Hortencia by Andi Satterlund
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in the Purple Heathers colourway

I've managed to lose the crochet hook I was using on my...

Shanghai Stripes Blanket
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers

... So I think I'm going to order a new one and get some more yarn while I'm at it. It's definitely going to need more yarn!

All I want to do right now is knit garments! I'm planning to start the Gingerbread by Libby Johnson once I've finished my Librarian, then I want to work on the Pavement by Veera Valimaki. And I really want to turn my Firesong Shawnee Silk (from my Reddit Yarn Exchange) into a garment too. I think Easy by Xandy Peters might be just right, especially if I do the border in a nice grey.

Remember the beautiful skeins of yarn that Lisa of Counting Sheep sent as a prize for the Best Year Ever KAL? Her shop is now open! You can find her shop at Counting Sheep - it is in German (I believe she's planning an English version) but the skeins are beautiful in all languages :)

KNIT & NATTER

I visited Harry Potter Studios in Leavesden (I may have mentioned that earlier in the podcast...) for the second time this week, where I treated myself to the Hufflepuff sweatshirt and Head Girl pin I'm wearing in this episode.

You can read the blog I wrote about my first visit here: Hogwarts Will Always Be There To Welcome You Home.

If you can get a Groupon deal, I'd recommend as ours included a tour after the usual tours had ended so it was much quieter, as well as a free guide, a meal and Butterbeer with a souvenir mug to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment