Monday 10 July 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 29: Bit of a Numpty



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is... water! It's too hot for tea at the moment and hydration is super necessary! There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

The podcast is moving to every other week for the time being, so that I can manage my time better, get more done and hopefully create other non-podcast content for the channel.

If you signed up for a penpal, you should have received your penpal's details by now - please do check your RavMail! I'll be doing one more call out at the end of September this year, then I'll be figuring out a different way to do it next year, so stay tuned...!

This episode was filmed on the Saturday of London Pride - if you were out enjoying the parade, I hope you had a great time! It was far too hot for me to brave the crowds and tube this year! In case you missed it, the Ravelry post about flying the Pride flag is on the homepage now.


WIP'D UP!
Almost halfway on....
Shanghai Stripes Blanket
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers from my Crochet Girl Gang Blanket

Nearly finished....
Hat Kick Take #2: I Missed You Too
Pattern: Graham by Jennifer Adams
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Vintage in Rainwater

You can find the original Graham hat I knit (for Rich) here

I'll be casting on Amy van de Laar's Beeswax Hat this week and have also had my head turned by the January Mittens. I'd love to make these to match the Fuego Hat and it would be my first attempt at stranded colourwork. Very tempted!

GOAL POWER

The Goal Power segment is being officially retired from the podcast. I feel so fired up about my new system that I want to share in more detail than the podcast will allow. So I'm starting a new playlist just for my Bullet Journal videos.

Keep an eye out for a flip through soon!

The inspiration for my sunshine self care list was @heartistic.jess and if you are a ring binder organiser lover, you can find two of mine on eBay: Medium blue leather Kikki.K and A5 dark aqua leather Filofax.

KNIT & NATTER


I wanted to share a little bit about the importance of mental wellness. I feel that it's easy to ignore if you do not suffer with any kind of mental illness, but just as we try to care for our physical bodies even when we're not ill, we should be caring for our minds as well.

I would love to hear any strategies you have to help when you're stressed, anxious or suffering from overwhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment