Sunday 23 July 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 30: Haul of Yarn



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is... camomile! It's been a super stormy week, so something warm and comforting is needed. The storms in the UK have been mad this week - you can see some footage of the storms all over the country here. For all your stormy day needs, there is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

If you'd like to see what I got up to at Pomfest, you can watch my vlog about the day - Pomfest 2017!


WIP'D UP!

This week I'm wearing my Lucky 61 top - the Urban by Veera Valimaki, knit out of Anzula Haiku in their Aqua colourway.

Hat Kick Take #2: I Missed You Too
Pattern: Graham by Jennifer Adams
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Vintage in Rainwater

You can find the original Graham hat I knit (for Rich) here

Hat Kick Take #3: I Missed You
Ravelry page: here
Pattern: Beeswax Hat by Amy van de Laar
Yarn: Madeline Tosh DK in Begonia Leaf

Worked on while watching Blade Runner and The Lost City of Z on a very rainy day...

My Pomfest haul included:

La Bien Aimee - Merino High Twist Sock in La Littoral
Stranded Dyeworks - Paradise in OOAK
Stranded Dyeworks - Oasis in Industrial Kingfisher

There's also a beautiful skein of Stranded Dyeworks Flamingo Legs up for grabs when we hit 2,000 subscribers!

My sock yarn haul from work included three skeins of Regia Pairfect by Arne & Carlos and some Regia 4 Ply Tweed.


KNIT & NATTER


If Pomfest taught me anything, it's that I really need an on-the-go vlogging camera. So that's exactly what I bought myself this weekend. My new little Canon M10 will be tagging along with me whenever I go to yarny events so that I can share them with you.

As I'm adding a dedicated bullet journal playlist to the podcast, I'm hoping this little camera will also help me add more London based content too - because I do love my city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment