Sunday 13 August 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 32: Dream Knit Night



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is water - again! If in need of more tea inspiration, t
here is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

The winner of the 2k Subscribers Giveaway was Elaine, who is Applepye on Ravelry. Elaine, please get in touch via Ravelry to give me your address and I'll do my best to post it before I go away. If not - as soon as I get back!



WIP'D UP!

It's been a busy old week with a work summer party and lots of meet ups, so very little knitting has been done.

I've mainly been working on...

Hat Kick #4: La Bien Hat
Pattern: Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure
Yarn: La Bien Aimee - Merino High Twist Sock in La Littoral

And I've cast on another hat (my last for a little while!)

Hat Kick Take #5: Happy Birthday!
Pattern:  Fuego Hat by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: MadelineTosh Tosh Vintage in Candlewick

Planning to cast on my Colour Affection as soon as possible so that I can get it ready to take on my holiday! 

New Pom Pom arrived - expect to see a review soon because it's GORGEOUS!



KNIT & NATTER


Time to answer the winning question in the 2K Subscribers Giveaway thread!

Elaine asked:


If you could sit down, knit and drink tea with anyone in the world, past or present, who would that be?

The obvious answer is JK Rowling, but that's far too obvious, ha! So let's call it a knit night... I would love JK, but I would also like... Mary Anning, my childhood hero - you can read more about her here and Tracy Chevalier's novel Remarkable Creatures is focused on her. 

Next up is Gregory David Roberts, who wrote my favourite book of all time, Shantaram as well as the sequel The Mountain Shadow.

And then, because of my history obsession, I'd love to chat to Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth of York and Elizabeth Woodville.

Last, but by no means least, would have to be William Shakespeare. Because I am a massive Shakespeare dork!

I'll see you in a couple of weeks with tales of Italy and a cuppa. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment