Wednesday 11 October 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 35: Famous Last Words



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 


This week's tea is a totally random one I found while I was tidying up - Twining's Green Tea & Gingerbread. Totally delicious - I definitely need a box of it! If you are in need of more tea inspiration, t
here is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.


I won't be running a penpal call this quarter (things are crazy right now!) so if you would still like to find a penpal, please check out the Find a Penpal thread!



WIP'D UP!

With the impending move I haven't had the time I would like to commit to my WIPs - so I only have three on the needles! And none of them are for me!


Cornish Affection

Pattern: Color Affection by Veera Valimaki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Paradise base in custom dyed colourways (Amy is sadly no longer offering custom dyed yarn)

Shanghai Stripes

Pattern: Granny Stripe by Attic 24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky in the Steel & Stitch colourway

I also picked up A Stash of One's Own, edited by Clara Parkes while I was in Loop over the weekend.


Another WIP is Vlogtober, which I'm taking part in this year to celebrate my channel turning one!


To also celebrate my channel turning one - there's a giveaway! There are three prizes to win:


The beautiful Selbu Mitten Club by Skeindeer Knits (this is a digital download)

A gorgeous sweater sized project bag from A Single Strand Studio
A massive project bag, with a leatherette base, sent from the lovely Mariliza of Spool Stories

To enter, please go to the Giveaway Thread and let me know - what do you like best about Tea & Possibilites? I'll be closing the thread on Saturday 21st October and will announce the winners in Episode 36. Plenty of time to enter!



HERE BE SPOILERS


I'm so looking forward to sharing my top threes with you over the next few weeks! This week, it's all about the books (in no particular order - that would be too cruel!)

The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley 

Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

Would love to hear your top threes - I've started a Top Three thread on the group so you can share!




KNIT & NATTER



I wanted to talk a little more about Vlogtober this week as a year ago, when I started this channel, I would never have dreamed that I could do it - or that I would feel confident enough to do it with no make up on, glasses and my hair shoved up in a bun!

Having confidence in yourself is the most important thing in the world and podcasting has massively helped mine! I hope you find your boost too :)


Thanks for spending some time with me this week - I'll see you soon (in a very different place!) for another cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment