Monday 12 March 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 41: Many Many Minis

INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!


Today’s tea is my fave Earl Grey!We also have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

Fresh back from Stitches West and my birthday, with lots to share. Don't forget, I will be going to Edinburgh Yarn Festival this week! I'll be at the Festival on Friday - come say hello!

WIP'D UP!

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic 24
Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap (everything is listed, row by row, on the project page)

Find out how to do a Magic Knot here: The Magic Knot by Bella Coco

This has also outgrown my project bag, so is living with the rosewood yarn bowl Rich's Mum gave me for my birthday.

Yarn: Oasis Finger from Stranded Dyeworks in Industrial Kingfisher

This one is living in my Eldenwood Craft project bag as always.

KerryOne Pullover
Pattern: The Kerrytown Pullover by Annie Lupton
Yarn: Willow & Lark Ramble in 110 Ox Blood

I have some stash to share this week!

The Yarn Collective Hudson Worsted in Navy. Curated by Michele Wang and will grow up to be the Mae by Andrea Mowry. It is 85% Merino Wool and 15% Yak.

Lovely Katie and Amy sent me a package of goodies, including a gorgeous skein of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in Naive Watercolour. I'm going to pick up a couple more Stranded skeins and cast on a second Color Affection (for the Re-Knit KAL - see below!)

Unravel minis from Easy Knits (Champers and Neonness) and a minis bundle from Fine Fish Yarns.

Goodies from Stitches West include a mini from Cloudborn Fibers, tiny scissors from Never Not Knitting, a Lo-Lo Body Bar in the Highlander scent from the Barmaids, some Katrinkles stitch markers and a Central California minis set from Destination Yarn.

I've got some Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK on order to make the Watermelon Booties by Hopeful Honey, for my friend's baby's first birthday.


The Re-Knit KAL

  • The first Tea & Possibilities KAL of 2018!
  • Despite the name - crochet is allowed as well as knitting
  • Starts on 17th March - no WIPs allowed
  • Finishes on 18th May - you don't have to finish to qualify for a prize!
  • You must have knit this pattern at least once before
  • Please go over to the Chatter thread to share what you're re-knitting/crocheting and why!



KNIT & NATTER

This past week was International Women's Day and I wanted to share how important I think equality for all is.

Don't forget Pamela Wynne Butler's brilliant collection, Handsome, man sweaters for every body which I think is a glorious example of how we as a community can be welcoming and inclusive.

See you all on the other side of EYF!

No comments:

Post a Comment