Wednesday 5 April 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 20: Off the Hook




INTRODUCTION


You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is a lemon and ginger blend from Twinnings as I’m feeling a bit sniffly with hayfever. There is a tea recommendation thread in the group if you’re looking for inspiration.

Thank you for all the messages over the last few weeks, wishing us luck with the move and checking we were ok after the Westminster attack.

I usually film on Saturdays, but this time I filmed on Sunday - and it’s my Mum’s 60th today! So I’m squeezing in filming before we go to Brasserie Blanc for a fancy high tea.

Just a reminder that the Best Year Ever KAL is running - 1st January 2017 - 31st December 2017. Make four things (minimum) that bring you joy and you could win a prize!

There is a penpal element involved in the KAL, which has now closed for this quarter. But if you missed out, check back when it reopens in June.


WIP'D UP!


Kicking off with a FO!

(Little) Girl Gang Baby Blanket
Pattern:
Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch).
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

It's finally all finished! I'll get some good pics of it next week to show you it finished finished finished!

I have lots of leftovers, so I'll be starting a special hump stitch striped blanket for a friend who is going to live in Shanghai for a year this September.

Cornish Lilli Pilli
Pattern:
Lilli Pilli by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: Custom seaside colourways by Stranded Dyeworks

Finally started the lace! Which doesn't look like much, but was much harder than I thought it would be and had to be done with no distractions so I wouldn't lose my place!

New cast on!

Find Your House
Pattern: Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry
Yarn: Various. First colour is Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino/Nylon/Sparkle 4-ply in 'Bluebells'

I'll definitely be entering this in the Inside Number 23 Harry Potter KAL and can't wait to get more of this done!

I've also started swatching for my Hortencia! I was convinced to start swatching after listening to episode 50 of the Truly Myrtle podcast - Let's Talk About Gauge!

The lovely Lisa of Counting Sheep has donated a beautiful skein of one-of-a-kind yarn as a prize for the Best Year Ever KAL. I'll let you know when her shop is open, but in the meantime, please pop over to her Ravelry group to see what she's up to!

I'm taking part in a couple of swaps, including the Tea & Possibilities Easter swap organised by Lintera (thank you again, Lintera!) and the Reddit Yarn Exchange. I bought a skein of Triskelion Yarns in Elmet Aran weight, in the colourway Llyr and a notions bag from Kettle Yarn Co. for my partner. Can't wait to see what I receive from mine!

No Knit & Natter this week as I'm pressed for time with High Tea calling. Have a lovely week and I'll see you next time for another cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment